HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY STATEMENT
The Management of Lennox Petroleum Services Limited (LPSL) believes that all employees shall have awareness and understanding of Health and Safety hazards and risks that affect our business. The Safety and Health of every person and the protection of the Environment is a fundamental consideration in every business decision and plan. We shall only undertake operational activity after giving due consideration to the health and safety of our employees, other persons and of the Environment which may be affected by our work activities.
Our goals are to achieve Zero injuries at the work place or throughout our operations elsewhere by preventing the occurrence of all work related injuries, illnesses and property losses; to achieve one hundred percent compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environment Legislation; to meet and exceed the requirements of the Safe-To-Work (STOW-TT) System 2009; and to continuously strive for the highest international standards and best practices, that apply to our operations including that of our Clients. It is our philosophy that by continuously striving to identify and eliminate unsafe conditions and actions, we shall eventually achieve these goals.
Through the implementation of an in-depth and thorough Health, Safety and Environmental
Management System (HSE-MS), Management believes that a focused and active HSE program is crucial for the attainment of providing a safe workplace; we believe that all accidents can and therefore shall be prevented within our operation to protect our workers from risk of occupational injury or ill-health. To help ensure an accident free workplace and one that is geared towards increased productivity through effective HSE management, we shall:
- Identify, assess and manage risks associated to human life, company assets and the environment. All our employees shall be informed of the health and safety hazards and risks that affect their work and surroundings.
- Provide safe working conditions and equipment, ensuring any equipment used is right for the job, safe to use, well maintained and inspected regularly.
- Report and investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses, communicate the findings and lessons learned to employees all in a bid to drive improvement in our HSE management system for the prevention of accidents. We will also take corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Adequately train all employees and give the necessary instructions on the health and safety issues that may affect them. We will continue to provide training in areas we identify to help us assure competence.
- Ensure the use of less hazardous substances where effective substitutes are available and ensure that proper protective measures have been implemented. We will provide safe handling, storage and transportation of harmful substances utilized in our daily operations.
- Management roles and responsibilities for Health and Safety will be clearly defined, as
necessary, within, Company policies, job descriptions and profiles. These roles and responsibilities will be adequately assessed, controlled and monitored and our people will be clearly involved on matters that affect Health and Safety.
- Ensure the effective engagement of all our employees through consultation on HSE
related issues using their experiences and expertise to improve performance.
- Regularly analyze and review our HSE performance. Through this analysis we commit to
also reviewing our HSE policy at least once for the year.
- Strive to achieve leading HSE industrial practice and work alongside our Clients in
achieving HSE Excellence.
- Ensure our work place is free from substance abuse.
- Conduct audits to review, ensure compliance and improve the performance of the HSEMS. Employees will be consulted on HSE issues and agreed resolutions will be effectively implemented to improve the performance of the HSE-MS.
The Management of Lennox Petroleum Services Limited is committed to minimizing the impact
of our operations on the environment through:
- Eliminating or minimizing the discharges, emissions and waste.
- Utilizing materials, products and processes that conform to best environmental practice.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources and using energy efficiently.
The Management of Lennox Petroleum Services Limited will regularly review its HSE performance and meet to develop strategies for improvement. It is of the firm belief that if the outlines of this policy are met, LPSL will definitely create a much safer and more productive working environment.
We give our personal commitment to review and promote its effective implementation and our
assurance that it will be communicated to all employees.
Wayne .L .A Persad.